Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bargains!

I love a good bargain...heck, who doesn't!? I really like it though when it's not some fad item I'll care less about in 6 months. Last night "the man" and I were discussing the plot differences between the movie The Two Towers and the book. There were things I couldn't remember so I grabbed our copy of The Lord of the Rings. Now mind you, a very long time ago I bought it because I liked that all 3 books are included and there is some cool history to the characters in the appendix and cool maps too (I was fully "geeking out" when I made this purchase!). Also it is a massively huge book (around 1,000 pages) and I LOVE books! Anyhow, now that I have children, I'm realizing my original book choice is not exactly family friendly. Mind you my 5 year old isn't exactly reading Tolkien yet, but eventually I hope that all 4 of my kids will love these books. So I decided to go online and explore purchasing them separately. I, of course, started out on B&N wondering what my membership discount would bring me...about $10/book. Not bad, but 3 books in and now I'm thinking we should probably own The Hobbit too, I can see the numbers adding up. Time to check out other sources. Next I hit up half.com and found all 4 books from the same seller for $.75 each. With reduced shipping I ended up paying just over $12 for all the books combined. Have I told you yet how much I love a bargain!?

This week the handle broke off the lid of my much loved 4 qt crock pot. After checking Bed, Bath & Beyond (they didn't even sell this size in the store!) I went to my trusty Amazon. I found a beautiful red 4 qt for $15.50! Can't wait till it arrives on Thursday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment