Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Treacherous Tuesdays

treach·er·ous

–adjective
1. characterized by faithlessness or readiness to betray trust; traitorous.
2. deceptive, untrustworthy, or unreliable.
3. unstable or insecure, as footing.
4. dangerous; hazardous: a treacherous climb.

That word seems to accurately define my past 2 Tuesdays.

Last Tuesday morning, I was back in the room we are re-modeling with my 3 yr old and I hear this mysterious clanging noise. Within seconds I realize it is the sound of my large chef's knife being dragged off the counter (note: My knives are usually safely put away when clean. This one had just been used that morning and was clearly not put far enough back on the counter or better yet in the sink.) My poor 3 yr old suddenly forgot how to move his legs so he was quickly tossed aside as I sprinted toward the sound. Sure enough, Twin #2 is wildly swinging my knife around while walking to the living room with the biggest "cat that ate the canary" grin. I quickly grabbed it out of his little mitts and did a thorough once over. By the awesome grace of God he was completely unharmed and thankfully Twin #1 happened to be pasted out in his crib lest he be mutilated by his brother.

After regaining my composure, I texted one of my bestest friends, "Sometimes I wish I could be a functioning alcoholic!" It sure seems like my nerves would be better off in that state!

Now on to this morning. I very foolishly thought I'd try to throw in a quick load of laundry. I'm in the laundry room barely a minute and I hear the all too familiar scream from Twin #2 (who else could it be??) whose mouth is nice and bloody from doing who knows what to himself. He is now donning a very poutty mouth courtesy of a fat lip.

I'm a little worried to think what next Tuesday will bring!

Hope this gives someone the confidence that their mothering skills are clearly better than mine. ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sissy... Just think back at the hilarious memories that your family is creating. I love you and I think that you are a terrific mother!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sis! I'm already joking around about my "Knife-Weilding Toddler". :oD

    ReplyDelete