Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of my Valentine, I'm going to post the cheesy lyrics to the song I made up for him the first Valentine's Day we were a couple. One of my bestest friends agreed to deliver balloons to him and sing this song (to the tune of Mr. Sandman):

Through the youth group
God brought me a dream
He was the cutest that I'd ever seen

With big brown eyes
And the sweetest darn smile
I said to myself, "I'll keep him awhile!"

Youth Group...I cannot thank you enough
I know I'll love him
Even when times get tough

Tonight's our first Valentine's date
Youth Group this must be fate!

***Just a note that we did not meet as teenagers in youth group. He was a youth pastor when we started dating and I was a youth worker. :)

2 comments:

  1. ~HAHA!~ You are too cute! :o)

    I was picturing you in my pink outfit and wig from The Taffetas singing this to Mike. :o)

    ReplyDelete