Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken.

What I really want to post about is the sweet talk I had with my 6 yr old last night. What I have time for is to tell you that Nob Hill has boneless/skinless breasts and thighs on sale for $1.99/lb! Below is a delicious recipe that you prepare in advance, freeze and then defrost and bake whenever you want it:

Amazing Chicken

- 2 lbs chicken breasts or pieces
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 of an onion, minced
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1/4 c vinegar (I use red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1/2 c apricot jam

Place chicken in a large, Ziplock bag. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. Remove excess air, seal bag and freeze. When ready to consume, defrost and then bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.


I prepare several of these at once. With summer coming, I might try cooking in the CrockPot on low for 4-6 hours instead.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this soon... making my shopping list now! What side goes well with it? :) Louanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like mashed potatoes with it. :)

    ReplyDelete