Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Amazing What a Walk to Starbucks Can Do

This morning started out very rough. The babies have been getting gassier and gassier again and have started to eat less as a result. It was a breaking point for me and I had a fantastic meltdown by 9:30. God is good though. In the middle of crying out to Him one of my bffs called and I was wise enough to answer. She didn't have an earth-shattering remedy to my issue at hand, but she had a sympathetic ear and heart and encouraging words to share. I am so grateful for my circle of "peeps." They (you!) mean more to me than I ever could express. I received so much needed encouragement from them that it brings tears to my eyes just to write it. After the wee ones woke up I showered, put on some make-up and walked over to Starbucks. It did the babies and myself much good and set a better tone for the rest of our day.

One of my great friends e-mailed the following me to me in my despair:

"We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen..."
2 Cor. 4:18

Father,

You help me see with my heart. I'm so distracted and discouraged by what I see with my eyes, but I know there is more to life than what I see. Help me look beyond the circumstances around me to what You're doing in my children's hearts, as well as in my own. I know that You're conforming us into the image of Your Son. That can't happen overnight or without a fight. Show me Your invisible hand working in this family. Turn my eyes towards You.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. Trista, thank you for sharing that quote and prayer. YOU are such an inspiration! Be kind to yourself; your job as a mama is currently very, very challenging, but you are doing a wonderful job!! I'm sure that you will someday look back at this point in time and feel so proud of all that you did, day-in and day-out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle! I really appreciate the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete