Wednesday, September 14, 2011

She has a crush...

And I don't quite know how I feel about that! I don't even think she realizes she has a crush (she being my 6 yo daughter), but that's what it is. During the course of our conversation on the way home from school I asked her if any more seating changes have happened in class or if it's stayed the same (I was able to help in class earlier this week). She replied it's stayed the same, but she would like to move next to (insert said boy's name). Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Me: "Really? Why is that?"

P: "Because I like him."

Me: "Do like that he's funny?" (something I observed about this boy earlier in the week)

P: "No. I like how he looks." (Really????? Already?????)

Me: "Yeah, I noticed he has dark hair. Is that what you like?"

P: "And he has blue eyes."

Me: "Okay, Honey." (and then I quickly changed the subject!)

Oy vay! I have to say I'm *so* glad my daughter is socially on the shy side. I'm just reeling a bit that she's starting to notice boys. Of course, I did have a crush on a boy named Jeremy Kellogg in the 2nd grade, but that was different! ;o)


Now on to "toe" news. It is getting better every day, just taking longer than I hoped. For some reason I think I expected to be 100% after they glued my wound shut. Like that would magically make it instantly healed, bruise and all. Isn't that how it should be for moms? I personally think Moms should be immune to colds, flus and injuries until their last birdie has left the nest.

I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment